The pros and cons when you outsource presentation design09/04/21
Outsourcing is commonplace in business. It makes sense to contract out functions to third parties when you do not have the internal resource available. Companies outsource all sorts of functions from marketing to sales, customer service and HR. Taking the outsource of presentation design as an example, we’re going to look at some pros and cons.
So, let’s get into it. Why should you outsource presentation design?
- Outsourcing PowerPoint design gives you access to skills and expertise that you do not have in-house
- You don’t have to employ a dedicated presentation designer, which saves you money on benefits, training, recruitment time etc
- Your presentations should be a much higher quality once they are professionally designed, which makes you look good
- It’s easy to budget for some external design help
- Outsourcing presentation design will free up your team to work on what they are good at
- You’ll gain competitive advantage when your presentations are more impressive visually than those of your rivals
Of course, handing over control of a business function to someone else, brings risks of its own:
- The presentation design may not meet your expectations (less talented freelancer perhaps?)
- The work may miss your deadline, depending on the workload at the design agency
- You may experience communication problems which can cause delays
- There is a risk of confidentiality breach (of course this risk can be easily mitigated with an NDA)
- Outsourcing design can be costly if you don’t shop around
Taking all of this into account, if your external presentations could do with a design refresh and if you have the budget available it is definitely worthwhile looking into outsourcing your presentation design.
And do we need to say we’re the best presentation design agency to outsource to? We don’t need to. But we just did.